Friday, November 20, 2020

You can kill this goliath!

“And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.” 1 Samuel 17:48

The size of your dreams or visions notwithstanding, you can get it done. Take the first step and then the next, before you know it, you will get there. Someone said it does not take too much courage to take the first step and I agree with her. Find at least a reason why it can be done rather than many reasons why it cannot be done.

“Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:  But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.” Acts 26:19-20

“And a certain man found him, and, behold, he was wandering in the field: and the man asked him, saying, What seekest thou?” Genesis 37:15

David went after goliath immediately he decided that was what he wanted to do. No one could talk him out of it, not even the size of goliath. Stop giving excuses. Make up your mind. It is difficult to stop a man whose mind is made up. Paul said to Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto heavenly vision, I started acting to fulfil it immediately. Beloved, what are you waiting for? You can kill this giant! Start taking the necessary step in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to execute the vision you have put in my heart in the name of Jesus.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: