Monday, November 16, 2020

Get up and get going

“I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,” Luke 15:18

Get up from the past failures, get up from the past setbacks, and get going. Failure is not final. The setback is just part of the story, it is not the story. The real story is that you get to your destination despite all odds. The lockdown period might have dealt with you negatively, don’t stay in that negative experience. Arise, shake off the dust and go forward.

“And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead. Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.” Acts 14:19-20

“Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.” Isiah 52:2

You might have been battered and shattered by the past experience but the good news is that you are still alive. There is a glorious future ahead of you. To him that is joined to the living there is hope, a living dog is better than a dead lion. You are going to decide your destination, find out what you need to do to get there, ask God to help you, and start doing something about your decision. I see God lifting you beyond your imagination in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God hold me in your everlasting arms and let me turn this dust to gold in the name of Jesus.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: