Thursday, November 5, 2020

How to win without fighting 4

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you..”  1 Peter 5:6-7

Another mystery of winning without fighting is humility. If you humble yourself before God, He will always fight for you.  Humility indicates total dependence on God and His instructions for your life. It means making decisions based on God’s will for your life. Some people are too proud to be helped by God. They have their own mind on everything and God cannot change it. Such will always have to do their own fighting by themselves.

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land..” 2 Chronicle 7:14

“Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.” Zechariah 4:6

It is possible to be skillful, talented, and strong, and yet fail in life. However, you cannot have God and fail. No man prevails by strength. Humility will propel you to seek for all of God. In the life of Jesus as a man on earth, we see all of God at work in Him because of humility (Philippians 2:5-8; John 5:30). Maybe you have been facing long term battles from unknown or known sources, humble yourself before God, tell Him that you cannot fight on your own, and ask Him to take over the battle. He will do the fighting beyond your expectation. May God fight for you always in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me rest in this turbulent world in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: