Thursday, November 12, 2020

Maintain a positive attitude

“Run now, I pray thee, to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well:” 2 Kings 4:26

Your attitude matters in the midst of adversity. A positive attitude will help you to cut the adversity short and to be composed to find an answer quickly. We are emotional beings and we tend to be carried away by wrong thinking and wrong speeches when the situation is contrary. The woman in our text whose only son had died answered the servant of Elisha, “It is well.” She maintained a positive attitude and it eventually became well with her and her son.

“And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.” Mark 4:38-39

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8

Your attitude is reflected in what you think, say, or do in any situation. The Bible encourages us to speak faith-filled words and to think positively in every situation we find ourselves. If we do so, we will be able to do what is necessary to be done to conquer the situation. May your adversity turn to advancement in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God arise and kill the adversity in my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: