Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Put on the whole armor of God 3


“And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;” Ephesians 6:15


Apart from evil days, we all know that there are thorns on the way in life’s journey. It will be difficult and painful to go through life without the right “shoes” on. Our armors also include the right shoes. Our text today says our shoes must be the preparation of the gospel of peace. The gospel is good news. Jesus is the prince of peace. We must be ready to serve the gospel of peace. In our words and actions, we must be ready to show Jesus in all situations.

“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” Hebrews 12:14
“If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee.” Proverbs 25:21-22

If you must always fight or take revenge, you will expose your feet to the thorns of this world. You must be prepared to win all men using the gospel of peace, no matter how difficult they seem to be. In this difficult period, you may even have to give food and water to an “enemy” in need for you to be protected. God says He will reward such. There is no way you will not see the Lord if you engage in the preparation of the gospel of peace.

May you be an agent of peace wherever you are in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God, we ask for the manifestation of your peace in our world in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: