Saturday, April 25, 2020

Put on the whole armor of God 6


“…….and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:” Ephesians 6:17b


We have been looking into protecting armors for the past few days, let’s now examine the attacking armors. There are only two of them, but very potent, the word of God and prayer. You need to know that all the armors are needed for you to be able to withstand evil days. The word of God is referred to as the sword of the spirit. Our battle itself is spiritual, so also must be our weapon (2 Cor 10:3, Eph 6:12). The physical evidence is the result of our victory in the spirit.

“(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)” 2 Cor 10:4
“And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” Luke 4:8

You must understand that the word precedes the world. There would not have been this world, if God had not spoken the word. So all things are subject to the word of God including satan, his kingdom, our problems, our challenges, and our battles. If you are equipped with the word of God for any situation, you have the weapon to win against any adversary. The word of God is given as the written (logo) and as the spoken (rhema). Both are powerful enough to give you victory at all times. Declare the judgement of God on your adversary using the word of God. Our battles are actually reduced to the war of words.

May you have the word for every season in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God grant me access into the mystery of your word so that I may have the right word for my battles in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: