Monday, April 27, 2020

Having done all, to stand


“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” Ephesians 6:13


After you have put on the whole armor, you need to stand if you really desire to withstand the evil day. To stand means to take your position and become immovable by external circumstances.  This is about your mindset, to be convincingly convinced of your victory no matter what is happening around you. You are sure of the fact that you cannot be defeated so both your words and your actions show your conviction. You are no longer afraid of the evil day, but sure that your victory is guaranteed.

“And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine.” 1 Samuel 17:32
“And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken it, he began to eat.” Acts 27:35

David was not moved by the threat of Goliath or by the comments of Israeli soldiers, he was standing in the victory of the Lord. He said they should stop being afraid because he was going to fight Goliath. Paul took the bread and eat despite the fact that the wind was still blowing because he was convinced that all is well. You are no longer allowing the situation to determine the outcome but your conviction. And when you get to this level of thinking, you are standing and will be able to withstand the evil day.

May you experience victory in every area of your life in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God grant me boldness to stand on your promises and not be moved by external circumstances in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: