Friday, April 24, 2020

Put on the whole armor of God 5


“And take the helmet of salvation,…….” Ephesians 6:17a


Your head must be protected for you to withstand such a time like this. Paul said, “ And take the element of salvation.”  Now, this letter was addressed to those who are saved already. Your head is the seat of your actions, while your heart is the seat of your thought. Your head and your heart must be in agreement for you to see the fruit of your salvation.

“For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:10
“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22

Beloved, declare what you believe. Act on God’s word. That is the way for you to bear the fruit of your salvation and be preserved at all times including such a time like this. The salvation we have received is a package. A package that consists of redemption from sin, sickness, and poverty.  A package that consists of a guaranteed covenant relationship with God. A package that assured us of the presence of God at all times. The implication is that we don’t have to worry about anything because we are covered. However, we must make this work by doing our own part of the covenant.

May transgression be far from you in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God help me to walk in the salvation I have obtained through your saving grace in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: