Saturday, February 3, 2024

Spiritual weight 3

 “Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.” Isaiah 28 16 KJV

I will define patience as the ability to wait. It is also the ability to stay in faith until you see results. When it comes to your relationship with God, patience is not only a virtue but a spiritual weight. No one is strong in the Lord who does not know how to wait patiently in His presence. You cannot really be in a hurry in the presence of God if you desire the best of God. Tarrying in God’s presence is the key to receiving power from on high and to renewing your strength.

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31KJV

“If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.” Job 14:14 KJV

There is no “fast food” mentality if you want to walk with God. God has His own timing, which may look slow to men but is actually the best for all. Apart from this, you cannot develop the character that will profit your destiny using a “fast food” mentality. Your decision to wait patiently till God does it or intervenes in your situation carries a spiritual weight. This was what Job had, which made his story an encouragement to all.

May you not be in a hurry in God’s presence, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, teach me patience so that I can have your strength and power, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: