Saturday, February 10, 2024

Dealing with household wickedness 2

 “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21 NIV

God is purposeful in all things. If you find and pursue God’s purpose for your life, you will always prevail. This is because God will deal with any wickedness that arises against you (Matthew 7:24–25). You can turn your enemies into God’s enemies by focusing on what God wants you to do with your life. A man who is at the center of God’s purpose cannot be defeated by any wickedness. God will become jealous over you if you surrender yourself to His will and purpose for your life. Keep the promises and purposes of God before you and keep pressing into them, no matter what the enemy throws at you.

“And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him, And delivered him out of all his afflictions, and gave him favour and wisdom in the sight of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.” Acts 7:9-10 KJV

“Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.” Acts 26:19-20 KJV

The presence of God is where God’s purpose is known and fulfilled. Joseph, David, Paul, and many other characters in the bible enjoyed God’s presence because they aligned with the purpose of God for their lives. A venomous serpent bit Paul, but he only shook it into the fire (Acts 28), and the people thought he was a god. Why? Because he was right at the center of God’s plans and purposes for his life.

May you find and pursue the purpose of God for your life, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, do whatever you want with my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: