Friday, February 9, 2024

Dealing with household wickedness 1

 “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.” Genesis 50:20 KJV

One of the greatest attacks from people you will have to deal with as an individual is the attack from your household. The brothers of Joseph hated him for his dreams. Micah spoke about a man’s enemy being from his household, and Jesus also confirmed it. David was left with sheep, where there were lions and bears. And when Samuel wanted to anoint someone in his father’s house, his father did not invite him. Samson was bound and handed over into the hands of the enemy by the same people God sent him to deliver. You must allow God to turn the evil meant against you into good.

“And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.” Mark 16:17-18KJV

“For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house. Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.” Micah 7:6-8 KJV

There are four major ways you can turn the wickedness of your household into a stepping stone for your greatness. These are pursuing the purpose of God for your life, maintaining fellowship with the Holy Spirit and staying anointed, living in obedience to the word of God, and walking by faith. Let’s look at each in the next few days.

No evil shall prevail against you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God arise, turn every counsel against me to foolishness, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: