Monday, June 12, 2023

You are chosen

 “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;” 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV)

If you are born again, then you are called and chosen by God. You cannot be born again without the water (the word) and the spirit. To be called is to receive God’s word and to be chosen is to be anointed by the Holy Spirit. It makes a lot of difference in your approach to life and situation if you are convinced that you are called and chosen by God. Peter said by revelation that you are a peculiar person. Jesus said no one can come to the Father unless He draws him (John 6:44). You cannot go down, no matter what faces you because you have been chosen by God.

“And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine.” 1 Samuel 17:32KJV

“Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.” Acts 3:6 KJV

David was anointed and he knew it. He was bold to tell Saul that he should not worry about Goliath and that he would deal with him.  Peter said to the lame man, I have what you need, get up and walk. If you believe that you are chosen, your language will change. You will not talk as the people of the world talk. You will be bold against every situation that threatens you and the people around you.

You are called and anointed by God in Jesus’ name. 

Prayer for today: Oh God, let Your glory be revealed through me in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: