Sunday, June 18, 2023

The father’s blessings

 “And Isaac answered and said unto Esau, Behold, I have made him thy lord, and all his brethren have I given to him for servants; and with corn and wine have I sustained him: and what shall I do now unto thee, my son?” Genesis 27:37KJV

As a father, your blessings can give your child prosperity and protection. You must bless your children above whatever you do for them. As a child, you must receive the blessings of your father. Isaac said he had made Jacob lord over his brethren and had sustained him with corn and wine. How did he do it? By blessing him. Even God the Father does not put us on any assignment without blessing us. It is important for the blessing to flow as an empowerment to fulfill destiny.

“And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head. And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.” Genesis 48:18-19KJV

“And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.” Malachi 4:6 KJV

The old testament people recognized the importance of the blessing and it also mattered which hand was laid on each person. I believe the father’s blessings are also very important in this dispensation. Many are struggling, although they physically have what it takes to succeed, because the father’s blessing is not there. Even if you don’t have a father, find someone who is a father figure to you and do something to make his soul bless you.

You are blessed in Jesus’ name. 

Prayer for today: Oh God, let the blessing rest on me in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: