Friday, June 16, 2023

Covenant blessings

 “And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” Genesis 12:2-3 (KJV)

Your security at all times and in all situations is the covenant blessing. God blessed Adam as empowerment for him to have dominion on earth. Adam lost the blessings and after that, God instituted covenant blessings to deal with the people He chose.  The blessings are for those who are in covenant with God. This is our security, our defense, our protection, and our distinction. Five covenants are mentioned in the bible. The Noahic covenant, the Abrahamic covenant, the Mosaic covenant, the Davidic covenant, and the New Covenant. The New Covenant (including Mosaic and Davidic covenants) finds its root in the Abrahamic Covenant.

“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” Galatians 3:13-14KJV

“Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.” Psalms 50:5KJV

All covenants started with God’s choice of the person followed by God’s instruction to the person and an expectation of obedience from the person. If you are born again, you are chosen by God.  If you take time to understand God’s covenant and instruction according to the Bible and walk in it, you will be blessed in this world and beyond.

You are blessed in Jesus’ name. 

Prayer for today: Oh God help me to walk in the covenant blessings you placed upon my life in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: