Friday, June 16, 2023

The covenant relationship

“Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.” Psalms 50:5KJV

God is loving, and caring and He is not a respecter of persons. However, He is a purposeful God and relates to people based on covenant. You are God’s choice and favorite if you walk in covenant with Him. This takes sacrifice in this rebellious world. God is always committed to His covenant people. If you are in covenant with God, He will be jealous over you. He will claim ownership over you and deal with anything that threatens you. God’s covenant makes you a peculiar treasure unto Him above all other people. If anything is wrong in your relationship with God, you have to look inward. It is your responsibility to hear His voice and obey if you want to walk in covenant with God.

“Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations” Deuteronomy 7:9KJV

“But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.” Hebrews 8:6KJV

The new covenant is the better covenant with better promises. Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant. In the new covenant, the law is written in our hearts and so we walk in obedience “naturally.” If as a Christian, you are rebellious towards God, you have to examine yourself. The new covenant puts us as joint heirs with Jesus in the same family as Him. If you walk in the new covenant, you become unshakable in this shaky world.

You are standing firm in the new covenant in Jesus’ name. 

Prayer for today: Oh God help me to hear your voice and to walk in the covenant with You in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name. 

No comments: