Saturday, June 17, 2023

The Father’s heart

 “And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.” Luke 15:20KJV

As we celebrate Father’s Day today, I want to remind us that God is our Father and His heart is full of love for us. The story of the prodigal son and His father is a perfect description of His heart toward us. God’s heart is full of compassion for us. No matter the case we must not leave our Father’s bosom, where we find true love and acceptance. Our heavenly father is not limited in any way. Even if you don’t have an earthly father or you don’t know your earthly father, He will make sure you don’t live fatherless if you accept His love.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16KJV

“For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth” Prov 3:12

The Father’s heart is full of love. However, this places a responsibility on us, the responsibility to accept His love. Part of this is for us to accept His correction in the light of His love. God delights in you and for that reason, He will correct you to bring the best in you.

May you not leave the umbrella of God’s love for any reason in Jesus’ name. 

Prayer for today: Oh God, I accept Your love for me, guide and guard me in Your ways in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: