Sunday, February 19, 2023

Wisdom is a defense

 “For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.” Ecclesiastes 7:12KJV

Wisdom is your defense against the storms of life. Wisdom is knowing the right thing to do in the midst of challenges and doing it. Jesus said, if you do what He says, you are wise, and no storm can overcome you. There is a wisdom that is based on the revelation given by the Holy Spirit. This wisdom exposes the enemy and gives strategies to defeat them. You are able to deal with situations before they occur. This is what I call a strong defense. This is made possible by the spirit of wisdom and revelation.

“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.” Matthew 7:24-25 (KJV)

“Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king of Israel? And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.” 2 Kings 6:11-12KJV

Elisha knew what the king of Syria was discussing against the king of Israel thousands of miles away. Can you imagine knowing what your physical and spiritual enemies are planning against you? You will be protected against them. This is possible if you dedicate yourself to regular, consistent fellowship with God.

May you have a strong defense in every situation in Jesus' name.

Prayer point: Oh God, give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: