Monday, February 13, 2023

Celebration of love

 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16. (NKJV)

I believe that the world will be a better place if true love is embraced. I believe love should be celebrated every day, every hour, and every second. However, if the world has chosen a day to celebrate love, then it is appropriate to let the believers know that a celebration of love is not a celebration of lust. The world has not known true love, so it cannot tell us how to celebrate love. Love is not sex, and sex is not love. True love is celebrated by giving. God demonstrated His love towards us by giving us Jesus Christ, who died for us while we were yet sinners.

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.’ ” 1 John 3:1 (KJV)

“Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NKJV)

Behold what manner of love God has given to us that we should be called the children of God. True love is clearly described in 1 Corinthians 13. If you really want to celebrate love, it begins by accepting the salvation given to us by God. Then, expressing the same love to others by sharing the gospel and caring for their physical needs as much as we can.

Love never fails. May you experience the unfailing love of Christ in all areas of your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let the world know Your love and Jesus Christ whom You have given in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: