Sunday, February 12, 2023

The law is about love

 “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” Romans 13:10. (KJV)

If you walk in love, you have fulfilled the Ten Commandments. Those who don’t walk in love are still under the law, even if they claim to be born again. The first four commandments are about your love for God. If you love God, you will obey Him. The last six commandments are about your love for your neighbor, if you love your neighbor, you will not kill him, steal from him, take his wife, or lie against him. According to the Bible, you cannot claim to love God whom you have not seen if you cannot love your neighbor, whom you can see.

“So he answered and said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ” Luke 10:27 (NKJV)

“If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?” 1 John 4:20 (NKJV)

If you walk in love, you are truly above the law. If you walk in love, you are stronger and more powerful than those who don’t, no matter who they are. If you walk in love, you are godly. The power of love can heal and deliver any nation or community. The solution to crumbling marriages in the world today is agape love. God’s kind of love is enough.

May you walk in God-kind of love in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, heal our nation and community by the power of your love in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: