Saturday, February 11, 2023

Let true love reign

 “Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13. (NLT)

True love is God’s kind of love, unconditional love (Agape). True love is stronger than sexual love (Eros); I have seen sexual lovers separated by materialism and selfishness. True love is stronger than brotherly love (Phileo); I have seen brothers betray one another for financial gain. True love is given by God and inspired by the Holy Spirit. True love is a powerful positive force. You cannot make it without true love. True love is something you must both give and receive. You must be surrounded by true love.

“How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep,     deeper than the love of women!” 2 Samuel 1:26 (NLT)

“And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.” Romans 5:5 (NLT)

 If you allow the Holy Spirit to fill your hearts with love, then you are allowing true love to reign. This is the love that stands the test of time. Other kinds of love are conditional and will fizzle out when confronted by the real test of life. The Bible says in 1 Samuel 18:3–4, “And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself. Jonathan sealed the pact by taking off his robe and giving it to David, together with his tunic, sword, bow, and belt.” This is the closest human description of true love.

May you be surrounded by true love in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let the Holy Spirit fill my heart with Your love in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: