Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Avoid negative attitudes 2

 “Don't try to get revenge for yourselves, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath. It is written, Revenge belongs to me; I will pay it back, says the Lord.” Romans 12:19. (NIV)

You must deliberately avoid the negative attitudes of hatred, malice, and vengeance. These kinds of attitudes generate negative forces that are detrimental to both the emotional and spiritual states of a person. These start a chain of evil, the end of which will not be seen by the person who engages in them. There is no justification for permitting any of these in your life, not even the fact someone did evil or hurt you so badly. You should just hand over such people to God and move on. Allow the Holy Spirit to help you get over it.

“Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV

“Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee.” Proverbs 20:22 (KJV)

This may be difficult, but allow God to help you and save you. Do not open the door for the wicked one to afflict you. It is bad enough that someone has hurt you; don't let satan take advantage of the situation against you. Ask God to deal with the root of hatred, malice, and vengeance in your life.

In Jesus' name, may all conscious and unconscious negative forces die in your life.

Prayer for today: Oh God, deliver me from all negative emotional forces and fight my battles for me in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: