Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Surely God’s goodness and mercy

 “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.” Psalm 23:6

Psalm 23 is one of the most read Psalms.  I am not doing an exegesis of the chapter, but I want to call your attention to the most commonly recited verse of the chapter. Most churches close their services by reciting this particular service. Have you ever considered the weight of the words used and their applications to your life and destiny? If you have God’s goodness and mercy in your life, you will never have to worry about anything in this life. You will always be confident, even in difficult seasons and the challenges of life.

“And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,” Exodus 34:6

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Mark 16:20

Beloved, in such a time like this, you cannot be casual about this verse. You must confess it in boldness and pray it into your life. The truth is that none of us can make it without His goodness and mercy. We thank God that our Lord Jesus Christ has given us access. We can come boldly to God’s throne to obtain His goodness and mercy even in our time of need.

Surely God’s goodness and mercy shall follow you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I pray Psalm 23:6 into my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: