Sunday, October 2, 2022

Stop fighting on your own

 “But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.” Isaiah 49:25

You must know three important truths. The first is that there are certain battles that are too strong for you, and you need God’s help to win them. The second is that if a battle is prolonged, building life or destiny becomes difficult. The third is that there is nothing as sweet as a sweatless victory; this is what is called "more than a conqueror." Have you ever seen a boxing champion before? Although he is carrying the belt, he cannot laugh. His face is swollen from the blows. There is even blood all over him. He is a conqueror, but not more than a conqueror. You are more than a conqueror if you are a champion without fighting.

“Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.” 2 Chronicles 20:17

 “This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.” 1 Samuel 17:46

I am sure you want the best in the remaining days of this year. Then you will have to change your strategy and cease acting on your own wisdom. You will have to stop fighting and allow God to do the fighting. How do you do this? Let your praise and thanksgiving be more than your asking. Be liberal in giving. Ask God for His wisdom to handle your situation. Do whatever God tells you to do.

You are more than a conqueror in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, take over my battles and give me peace and victory in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: