Saturday, October 29, 2022

Giving to God is an honor

 “Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.” Proverbs 3:9-10.

 

Anytime you are given the opportunity to give to God, don’t miss it.  It is an honor, it is a privilege.  When you give to God, you will surely be better for it. Don’t withhold from God for any reason. Whenever God honors your giving, your level can never remain the same again. He has promised to honor those who honor Him. Give to God sacrificially. Don’t give out of pride. Give to God with an expectation. Speak to your seeds and through your seeds. Give God your tithe. Give God your first fruit. Apart from the fact that it is an honor, what you give does not leave your life; it will come back to you as a harvest.

 

“….Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.” 1 Samuel 2:30.

“And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.” Luke 8:3

 

God also sees your giving as a ministry. When a child of God gives to God, he or she is ministering unto the Lord. This ministry should be done in love and in faith. Some people in the church have actually relegated themselves to poverty by thinking that giving is only for a few rich individuals in the church. Such individuals don’t pay tithe, they don’t give sacrificial seed, and when they vow they don’t pay. They are missing God’s honor that will supernaturally lift them.

 

May you be a person that honors God in Jesus name.

 

Prayer for today: Oh God give me a giving grace and honor me with Your supernatural blessings in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: