Saturday, October 8, 2022

Take control of your sleep

 “But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.” Mathew 13:25

Spiritually speaking, sleeping is an indication of spiritual inactivity and powerlessness. You must keep awake spiritually to quench the onslaught of the adversary. Physical sleep is refreshing, but spiritual sleep is dangerous. The enemy has chosen the time of the night; the time we are sleeping to launch his attacks. When a man is sleeping even if he is guarding his property, he is not really there. He is helpless and cannot resist the primary assignment of the invader which is to steal, kill, and destroy.

“And this woman's child died in the night; because she overlaid it. And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.” 1 Kings 3:19-20

“Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.” Proverbs 6:10-11

Our text for today says when people slept, the enemy came and put weeds among the wheat. In 1 Kings 3, a woman in the night slept on her son and killed it. In the same chapter, another woman’s son was replaced with a dead one while she was sleeping. Proverbs 6 even says that a little sleep brings in poverty. Beloved, many people are in trouble today because the enemy came when they were sleeping. Glory had been stolen or exchanged for another during the night while people slept. The good news is that you can wake up from your sleep, go after the enemy and recover all.

May you recover everything stolen by the power of the night in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God, put your fire in my bones and give me dominion over all forms of sleep both in the night and in the day in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: