Thursday, September 9, 2021

Where opportunity hid!

 “…..Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die. And they rose up in the twilight, to go unto the camp of the Syrians: and when they were come to the uttermost part of the camp of Syria, behold, there was no man there.” 2 Kings 7:4-5

Opportunity is hidden in adversity. Wealth is hidden in poverty. Abundance is hidden in scarcity. Healing is hidden in sickness. Deliverance is hidden in bondage. It all depends on your motivation, perception, and action.  The four lepers in our text for today moved in the direction of adversity but found opportunity. Be ready to challenge the status quo, and take the opportunity that adversity has brought to you.

“Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree. Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.” Jeremiah 1:11-12

“And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.  And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.” Matthew 14:28-29

When you see well, God will help you. Seeing opportunity in adversity is seeing well. Peter walked on water, first alone. When he needed help, Jesus took his hand and they both walked on water. When you identify and take the opportunity, Jesus will be there for you. Seven steps for taking opportunities offered by adversity that I have identified are: stay motivated, open your eyes, brainstorm for ideas, choose your companions, drive yourself, connect to grace and then turn it around.

I see you riding on the wings of Eagle over the adversity of life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my eyes to see the opportunities around me in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: