Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Following Jesus 1

 “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19.

I will like to refresh our memories on the fundamentals of the Christian life in the next few days. We must not only invite Jesus into our lives, we must follow him. This is the way to fulfill our destinies. This is the way to become who God wants us to be. We cannot follow Him and miss it in life. He is the maker of men. We may have our own plans and ways, but if we submit our plans and ways to Him, we will surely live a fulfilled and successful life.

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” John 1:14

“And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.” Luke 10:39

The grace and truth you need to be on top of all life situations are found in Jesus. You only need to learn at His feet in instructions and in deeds. It is possible to be good at what you do and still fail. But, you cannot fail if you follow Jesus. This was the story of Peter in Luke 5. Jesus did not only give him the instruction that changed him to an instant success, He told him how he could be the best in life. He said to him, follow me, you will graduate from catching fish to catching men.

May you follow Jesus in word and in deed in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, do whatever you want with my life in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.


No comments: