Thursday, September 16, 2021

Following Jesus 2

 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30.

The answer to every unrest and heavy load in life is learning at the feet of Jesus. Jesus called this learning a yoke because it will challenge your ways of doing things. Your comfortable way of doing things shall be challenged if you decide to follow Jesus. However, He says it is an easy yoke and the result of responding positively to the learning is rest for your soul. Take time to study the life, ministry, and the words of Jesus, and decide to live in the light of the revelation you receive.

“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:” Mathew 7:24

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” John 6:63

Jesus lived His teachings. He is a reliable and practical teacher. His teachings will impart on you wisdom for daily living. It will give you rest and make you unshakable in the midst of storms and adversities of life. His teachings will definitely take away destructive habits from you. If your conversion has not taken anything away from you then it is questionable. Jesus gives newness of life through His instructions and teachings.  

May you seek and follow Jesus instructions in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, I receive Your rest for my soul in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: