Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Following Jesus 8

 “Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.” Matthew 6:16.

Jesus also taught His disciples to fast regularly. He fasted forty days and forty nights at the beginning of His ministry. Fasting is not a religious exercise but a preparation to subdue the flesh for God‘s visitation. Prayer and fasting generate power to defeat the kingdom of darkness. Prayer and fasting generate the faith to win in a difficult time. Fasting changes you, and positions you to receive from God.

“Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:21

“And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.” Act 13:3

The disciples fasted regularly in the New Testament. You can consecrate a fast unto the Lord for a specific reason. You can receive guidance from the Lord to fast. However, it is important to have a regular time of fasting for spiritual growth. If you fast and pray regularly, you will be standing when the darts of the enemy come to you.

Your prayers are answered in Jesus name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God give me the grace to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit through a lifestyle of praying and fasting in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: