Saturday, September 25, 2021

Following Jesus 11

 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.” Mathew 13:44.

Jesus taught about commitment as a key to entering the kingdom of heaven. This commitment demands all that you have. Jesus taught about the Kingdom as something both in the present and in the future. He taught about the Kingdom as a system of government where God rules. You are going to exchange man’s way of doing things for God’s own way, if you desire the Kingdom. This takes total commitment. The beginning of this kingdom life is the second birth, being born of the water and of the spirit.

 “Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” John 3:5

“Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.” Mathew 6:10

You must strip yourself of all self-sufficiency and humble yourself before God, if you want to experience the kingdom (Mark 10:25, Mathew 5:3). You must desire the will of God in all matters, whether small or big, and do His will at all costs. You must be guided by God’s word, walk by faith, and not by sight. This was the way Jesus lived. You must experience a paradigm shift from earthly thinking to heavenly think. The advantage is that you dominate what dominates them on earth and secure a future in heaven (John 3:31)

May you walk in the wisdom and the power of God on earth in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to be sold out to Your kingdom in Jesus name. 

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: