Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The Spiritual Sense 3


“They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.” Psalm 37:19


In such a time like this, common sense is not enough, you need spiritual sense also. Common sense tells you to have needed service or product so that your needs can be met. Common sense tells you to take all necessary precautions against virus attacks. Yes, while it is necessary to engage the common sense, you must go further and engage the spiritual sense as well. We must know that these are evil times. In such a time like this, you must hear God, believe Him and walk in His counsel. This is what I called spiritual sense.

“And there was a famine in the land,…… And the Lord appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee;…” Genesis 26:1-3
“And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.” Luke 5:5

If you engage the spiritual sense, you will carry the presence of God and He will bless you. The implication is that you shall not be ashamed in such a time like this and on top of it, you shall be satisfied with good things. This will not depend on your strength or your weakness, but on God working through you. Spiritual sense is obtained by getting hungry for God until you have a definite encounter with Him. May you hear God daily and walk in obedience to Him in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, you are my Shepherd, lead me, guide me, protect me, and provide for me in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: