Saturday, July 18, 2020

He gives more grace


“But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” James 4:6


We all need more grace in such a time like this. The presence of grace indicates the presence of timely mercy (Hebrews 4:16). Grace is the power within to make things happen, and the fragrance without that attracts favor and help. God is willing to give more grace. The key to more grace is humility.

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:” 1 Peter 5:6
“Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18

God’s pre-requisite for the release of grace is humility. The Spirit of humility was in Jesus (Philippians 2:7-9). Saul was chosen to be the first king of Israel because he had a humble heart (1 Samuel 15:17). Eliab failed because of his proud heart so God rejected him (1 Samuel 16:7). If you want this grace, you will have to humble yourself by putting God and His word first in your life. Seek to know God’s will about every situation and submit to it. He will release grace and exalt you in due season.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me more grace and exalt me in this season  in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: