Saturday, July 4, 2020

7 People that God found (1)


“I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:” Psalm 89:20


I will be sharing with you about seven people that God found in the next few days. The purpose is to encourage you to position yourself to be found by God so that He can lift you and transform your life. The first person that I want to talk about is David. David was a gifted and talented young boy, but it seems he was in trouble with his household, No one knew about his gifts. He was sent to the bush where there were killer animals as young as he was. When God sent Samuel to David father’s house to anoint a King, Jesse did not even care to bring him from the bush. But, God found him. He anointed him, brought his out of obscurity, and even mentioned his name among the righteous.

“And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.” 1 Samuel 16:11
“Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.” Ezekiel 14:14

God found a humble heart in David (1 Samuel 16:7, 1 Samuel 15:17). I could say that David discovered that he would be nothing without God. His heart sought God in humility and God found him. David was mentioned as the man after God’s heart. His heart longed for God and God found him. May your heart be desperate for God. May God find you and give your life the meaning you desire in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, locate me, anoint me and change my life in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: