Tuesday, July 7, 2020

7 People that God found (4)


“And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.” Luke 5:5


God found Peter, turned his failure to success, and made him a fisher of men. Peter was a skillful fisherman and hardworking too. Peter had tried all his skills that faithful day and had already given up, but he was open to God’s instructions. Maybe you are skillful and hardworking but nothing is working for you, I have good news for you. God shall locate you this morning and turn your efforts to profitable ventures in Jesus name. Hear the word of the Lord: Don’t give up try again.

“And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 16:17
“Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.” Acts 5:15

God had a better plan for Peter. The same Peter who had failed became an agent of God’s revelation and power to his generation. He could receive from God and even his shadow was healing the sick. Beloved, be cheerful, God has a plan for you despite your past failures and disappointment. In this dispensation when God locates a man, He will give him His word and put His Spirit upon Him. May God locate you this morning, grant you access to the mystery of His word and anoint you with the Holy Ghost and power in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, anoint me with the Holy Ghost and power and let your word come unto me in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: