Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The ministry of altars 3

 “When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon. And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the Lord. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.” 1 Samuel 5:2-3

Much has been said about what befell Dagon when the Ark of God was brought into its house. What of the commotion in its house? This is the issue of conflicting altars in the body of a man. And if a demon is staying to cohabit in a man's body, then you see the kinds of behaviors that are observed in Christians who are not fully dedicated to Jesus Christ. The issue of conflicting altars is the reason behind the timidity and worldliness in the church.

“And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 16:16-17

“Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.” Matthew 16:22-23

The issue of conflicting altars is also the reason behind the mysterious battles that many good Christians face. Before Peter was filled with the Holy Ghost, he was both an altar of God and of Satan at the same time. He was a voice for God and in the next moment, Satan took him over. The answer to this confusion is the fullness of the Holy Ghost. Peter became a changed person when he was filled with the Holy Ghost.

May you be full of the Holy Ghost in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Holy Ghost, overshadow my life in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: