Sunday, March 5, 2023

Dare to offer yourself!

 “There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?” John 6:9(KJV)

This morning I will like to share with you the mystery of doing more than you are capable of doing. This mystery is “offering yourself” to Jesus. The boy in our text gave his lunch of five loaves and two small fishes to Jesus. This could barely satisfy the young boy. However, when the food got into the hands of Jesus, it fed thousands of people, and there were twelve baskets full of leftovers. If you truly offer your life to Jesus, your life will be a wonder and a blessing to many.

 “When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost. Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.” John 6:12-13KJV

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:1-2KJV

The truth is that you cannot offer yourself to Jesus and still insist on your own will. Your total desire will be to do the will of God. Your strength will be drawn from access into the mystery of His word and the fullness of the Holy Spirit. So you will prioritize your fellowship with Him and walk in obedience to Him. This is the foundation of a successful Christian life.

May your life be a wonder to many in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, I offer myself as a living sacrifice unto You, do whatever you want with my life in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: