Friday, March 10, 2023

Become restless!

 “By your sword you shall live, And your brother you shall serve; But it shall come about when you become restless, That you will break his yoke from your neck.” Genesis 27:40(NIV)

Some degree of “restlessness” is needed to end a season of “hardship” and usher in a season of “rest.” In our text today, where NIV used "restless," the KJV used “dominion,” and the NLT used “decide to break free.” I have a word for you if you have faced a season of satanic attacks and you desire a change: You must decide to break free, become restless, and get dominion. This connotes becoming desperate, particularly for God’s visitation and empowerment. The good news is that dominion was restored to us at our redemption. However, are you desperate enough to enforce your dominion?

“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:” Colossians 1:13-14 (KJV)

 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7KJV

It did not take Esau too long to become restless; in fact, Jacob was still struggling when Esau had become mighty. The New Testament believers have dominion over the power of darkness, so we can deal with things when we decide to do so and become restless. This morning, I challenge you to become restless and deal with the activities of the enemy around you.

You have power over adversaries in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the spirit of restlessness against uncomfortable situations to change them in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: