Thursday, March 16, 2023

Exercise your faith 3

 “Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.” 1 kings 17:9 (KJV)

Faith is exercised through giving. You know faith can change a “death” situation into a “life” situation, like it did for the widow of Zarephat and her son. God told her to feed His prophet despite the fact that she had been left with her last meal. She was going to eat the last meal and die with her son, but the situation changed when she obeyed God. Some seeds are like “Jonah” in the lives of some people; the storm they are praying against will not stop until they release their “Jonah.”

“So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.” Jonah 1:15KJV

 “There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.” Proverb 11:24-25KJV

Similarly, there are certain breakthroughs you cannot experience until you release your “Isaac” (Genesis 22:16–18). Faith giving is sacrificial giving. Faith giving is covenant giving. You can never give based on God’s instruction and remain the same. God loves a cheerful giver just as He is pleased by an act of faith.

May you not keep what you are supposed to release for your breakthrough in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give the grace to hear you and to obey in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: