Monday, March 6, 2023

Go beyond believing!

 “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” James 2:19 (KJV)

It is not enough to believe in God, you must go beyond that and have a personal relationship with Jesus. The devils also believe. It is not enough to attend church, you must have a personal relationship with Jesus and be positively and productively involved. The devils also attend church. Believing in your heart and confessing with your mouth is the beginning of your relationship with Jesus. However, you must keep His commandments to maintain this relationship.

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9KJV

“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.” John 15:14-15KJV

You know that some people believed in Jesus to the extent that they performed miracles in His name, and yet He did not know them. Matthew 7:22-23 says, “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Don’t just say you believe in Jesus, spend time with Him and act on His words.

May you be known by the Lord in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, have Your way in my life and let Your will be done in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: