Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Divine expectations of us

 “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” Matthew 22:37-39

Does God have some expectations from us? Yes, He does.  Basically, He expects us to walk in love toward Him and our neighbors. Our love for Him involves obedience, worship, faith in Him, and walking in His will. Our love for our neighbors requires that we do no harm to them; we should do to them what we expect others to do to us. The expectation of God is not grievous, but the way of the transgressor is hard. I believe if we are consecrated to Him, He will work through us for us to meet His expectations.

“For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.” 1 John 5:3

“Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.” Proverbs 13:15

My counsel to all believers in Christ is that we should take responsibility for our walk and relationship with God. God relates with us through His word. If we understand His word, we will walk in His wisdom and obtain His favor.  He relates with us as individuals. He is not a respecter of persons and what He says to one, He says to all. You can move God with sacrifice, worship, praise, faith, love, and obedience.

May God be pleased with you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, sanctify me and make me Your sanctuary and dominion in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: