Thursday, November 10, 2022

Upholding the finished work

 “Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:” Colossians 2:20 (NIV)

 

If you submit to the rule of the elemental spiritual forces of this world, you are not upholding the finished work of the cross. This happens when a Christian lives a defeated life dominated by sin, sickness, and poverty. Nothing pleases the devil more than for a child of God to still live a defeated life. The devil knows that it was finished on the cross. These issues were dealt with on the cross. You must be violent in the spirit and take the provision of victory available through the cross of Christ, our Lord. You must hate sin, sickness, and poverty with all your heart and breakthrough in prayer.

 

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” Mathew 11:12

“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.” John 19:30

 

If you really understand your position in Christ, then you can appropriate the benefits of the finished work of Christ on the cross of Calvary. You can cast out the devil and terminate his activities in your life. God is happy to see the victorious saint putting the devil where he belongs. Beloved, Jesus set you free on the cross, you cannot be bound. Enforce the victory given to you at the cross and walk in the liberty by praying through.

 

Prayer for today: I enforce my victory in every area of my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: