Monday, November 28, 2022

Divine authority

 “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Mark 16:17-18

Divine authority is the power delegated to believers. It is the authority of the believers. This is what gives us dominion over the power of darkness and its work. Technically speaking, only the believers in Christ can stop satan and his agents in this dark world. We have the authority to do so, backed up by the Word of God, the power of the Holy Ghost, and the name of Jesus.

 “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19

“Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.” Job 22:28

This authority is exercised by speaking. We decree in the name of Jesus, and we see results. This authority is also backed up by the spirit of faith, so when we speak, we do not doubt. The degree of our authority is enhanced by the time we spend with Jesus and our obedience to His will (Acts 4:13, John 15:7, 2 Tim 1;7, Matthew 8:8-10). As a believer, you should not keep quiet but speak out boldly against the work of darkness and expect results.

You have authority over serpents and scorpions in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I take authority over the work of satan and his demons, and I terminate their activities in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: