Monday, November 14, 2022

A prompting to pray

 “And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.” Luke 22:46

Sleep is refreshing and necessary, but please don’t sleep when you receive prompting from the Holy Spirit to pray. You may need to rise and pray instead of sleeping to avert certain challenges and deal with the hour and the power of darkness. We suffer too much when we are not sensitive to the Holy Spirit and do not yield to His voice. Please don’t sleep when you are supposed to pray.

“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” Matthew 6:13

“But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.” Matthew 13:25

The enemy has chosen the night time to do his work of darkness. The night time is a sleep time, but ironically, it is also a war time. This is why one of my favorite verses in the Bible is Psalm 121:5, “Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.” This means I can sleep and enjoy my sleep at any time because He keeps me. However, when it is Him asking you to pray, if you are tired, ask Him for strength. Then it will not be only you praying, but the Holy Spirit with you.

You shall not enter into temptation in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to be sensitive to Your prompting in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: