Thursday, November 3, 2022

Making wise decisions 1

 “And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,  And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants." Luke 15:17-19.

 

We decide or make decisions all the time. Those decisions determine our lives and our destinies. If you make wise decisions, your life will be profitable, successful, exciting, and fulfilling. If you look at your life, you will observe certain decisions you have taken in the past that have brought you positive results. On the other hand, you could remember the decisions that caused you pain. If you look back, you may learn a few lessons that can help you in your present and future decisions. However, fortunately, the scriptures have not left us in darkness as to what to do to make wise decisions.

 

“And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.” Exodus 33:14

“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31

 

I will like to start by saying to you that you should always make decisions that will bring you closer to God. When the prodigal son made the decision to leave his father, he did not know that he was going away into destruction. You can never miss it, if you decide to get closer to God, no matter what you are going through. When the prodigal son decided to go back to his father, he got his breakthrough. Perhaps you want to make a decision right now; the question is, which of the decisions will bring you closer to God? That is the option you should take.

 

May the presence of God abide with you in Jesus name

 

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to esteem your presence in my everyday decisions, in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: