Saturday, December 11, 2021

The power of one prayer point per time

 “And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.  And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.” Luke 18:3-5

Can you identify your most important prayer request at this time? Pray it until you have an answer. Pray it day and night. Pray it in every service. Don’t take another prayer point until you have an answer. You will surely have an answer. The Bible has many examples of people who focused on one prayer point per time and were not denied. One of them was the persistent widow in our text whose petition was directed to even an unjust judge. Her request was, “Avenge me of my adversary.” She got an answer. Jesus called her action, faith.

“And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me. And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.” Mark 10:47-48

“And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb.  And she conceived, and bare a son; and said, God hath taken away my reproach:” Genesis 30:22-23

Bartimaeus’ prayer point was just one, “Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.” He didn’t change the prayer point until Jesus responded to him. Rachael’s request was “Give me a man child or I die.” God hearkened to her. Hannah’s request was also only one, “Give me a man child, then I will give him back to you.”  She got six children. Jacob prayed one prayer point for hours, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” He received the blessings.

This is your season of answered prayer in Jesus name. Now get into the business of praying, one prayer point per time.

Prayer for today: O God, visit me by fire and let my story change in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: