Friday, December 10, 2021

Miracle-thinking

 “And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.” 1 Samuel 17:40

Some levels of abnormal thinking may be needed to experience a miracle. I call it miracle thinking. How do you explain the fact that David went against Goliath with five stones and a sling?  He believed he could slay a giant with a seemingly useless instrument! That thinking was abnormal, but that was what brought him out of obscurity into the limelight.  It was the miracle thinking that brought his breakthrough.

“But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.” Exodus 14:16

“One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him, There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?” John 6:8-9

What I have called miracle thinking is what others called possibility thinking. When you begin to think that you can divide the red sea with a rod in your hand. When your thinking pattern says you can feed more than five thousand people with two loaves and five fish. Then you are ready for a miracle. This kind of thinking only comes when you walk with God or you keep company with people who believe God. It is called God-kind of faith.

May your thinking be aligned with your desired miracle in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God, let my heart be filled with your kind of thought for me to experience a miracle in my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: