Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Something good is about to happen!

 “But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.” Luke 1:13

Things that you have given up on, are about to happen in Jesus name. Zechariah had given up on childbearing because he was old and also his wife was old. But he was connected to the covenant. When you are connected to the covenant, you can expect the unexpected. About the time God was preparing for Jesus Christ to come, Zechariah was visited while he was in God’s duty post, and the Angel told him that what he thought would never happen would soon happen. His wife would be a mother. Joseph's miracle came when he thought it would never happen. Pharaoh had a dream that no one could interpret. Joseph was brought out of prison, he interpreted the dream and was promoted.

“Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: and he shaved himself, and changed his raiment, and came in unto Pharaoh.” Genesis 41:14

“And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.” 2 Kings 4:16

The Shunamite woman is similar to the story of Zechariah's story. She had lost the expectation of having a child, however, she got herself connected to the covenant by providing for God’s prophet. Within a year she was carrying a son. Beloved, hear the word of the Lord; your prayers are answered, but stay in the covenant by obeying God no matter how inconvenient it may be.

Something good will soon happen to you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let your goodness and mercy follow me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: