Thursday, June 24, 2021

Look unto Jesus

 “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:1

Look unto Jesus, He will give you the faith you need to win in life. He is our great example of faith. He went through a period of shame. He endured the pain of the cross, but at the end, He is seated on the throne. If you look unto Jesus, you will be convinced that the end of your present trouble and pain will be glorious. We must release ourselves to the faith that only Jesus can give by looking unto Him and following Him.

“And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19

 “But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?.” Matthew 14:30-31

Stop looking at the wind. Stop keeping your eyes on the situation that is threatening you. Keep your eyes on Jesus. He will help your faith. Now how do you keep your eyes on Jesus? Locate all the words that He spoke to people who were in trouble in the scripture and meditate on them. This will help you to overcome any doubt in your heart and to release yourself to Him. At this point, you would be able to walk on the water of your trouble through an impartation of faith by Him. He is the author and the finisher of our faith.

May your faith come alive again in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, hold my hand and take me to my promised land in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: