Saturday, October 3, 2020

Two kinds of sight

 “And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.” 2 Kings 6:17

If you want to do the impossible, you must see the invisible. All that your physical eyes can see is not all that is available to see. What you see determines what you will  do. What you see also determines whether you will live in fear or in faith. Faith itself is a sight, it is the spiritual sight that you need for victory in life. The man Elisha prayed for was not blind physically but he could not see what Elisha could see. His spiritual eyes was blind so Elisha had to pray for open eyes for him. If you are not getting the results you desire in your life, you need to have your second sight opened.

“(For we walk by faith, not by sight:).” 2 Corinthians 5:7

“Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.” Numbers 22:31

The only reason a man can be terrified in any situation is when he has not been able to see what God has done about the situation. What would you do if you knew God has taken care of your trouble?. If your physical eyes are seeing trouble, your spiritual eyes must be opened to see victory. Spend time with God and His word so that your second eyes can be opened.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my eyes to see the invisible so that I can do the impossible in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: