Thursday, October 29, 2020

The prophetic word 2

“We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:” 2 Peter 1:19

The prophetic word is important to both individuals and nations for divine solutions and interventions. Unfortunately, the enemy is hiding in this area to bring falsehood and bondage to people. You don’t seek the prophetic word, you seek God. God can choose to give you a prophetic word directly or send an individual to you.  Many are calling themselves prophets today because they think it is lucrative. Some of them engage strange spirits to bring words to people. You would not be a victim if your heart goes after God and not any manifestation.

“And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:” Acts 16:16

“And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:” Acts 13:6

This falsehood had been since the bible days. Soothsayers, sorcerers, and such who used the spirit of divination to bring words to people in the name of a prophetic word. As a defense against such agents of the devil, you need three things. The first is that you need to give attention to the written word of God. Secondly, make fellowship with God your priority, both congregational fellowship and personal fellowship with God. Lastly, never be in a hurry when seeking God, faith and patience are needed (Isaiah 28,16, Heb 6:12). I see God bringing a change to every unwanted situation in your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God deliver me from deceptions and deceivers in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: